Attorney in Wenatchee, WA - Hunter Law Firm - Areas of Practice

   645 Valley Mall Parkway, Suite 200
   East Wenatchee, Wa 98802


Hunter Law Firm, PLLC
(509) 663-2966   
Fax (509) 663-3852   

Collections, Personal Injury Law & Insurance Coverage, Wills & Estates, Real Estate

Areas of Practice

Hunter Law Firm, PLLC practices primarily in the areas of litigation, insurance and business law.
These include:


To collect on a debt requires a balance between zealously pursuing debt recovery and accommodating state and federal laws implemented to protect the debtor. Our law firm will contact the debtors directly to recover outstanding debts while we adhere to stringent legislative protocols of which many creditors are unaware. This in turn avoids needless lawsuits since a debtor will commonly wish to avoid legal action once our firm makes contact.

Yet, if suit is required or if the creditor has already obtained judgment, then our firm can quickly apply the appropriate legal devises to obtain recovery.

A judgment is the official decision of a court of law in a lawsuit. A final judgment resolves the issues involved in the lawsuit, and determines the rights and obligations that each party in the lawsuit has.

In criminal law, a judgment is enforced by the government. The judgment in a criminal matter often results in the imposition of a sentence, which the authorities of the government enforce. Defendants can be ordered to pay a fine, be put on probation, or can be sent to jail.

In civil law, enforcement of the judgment is left to the parties of the lawsuit. When one party to a lawsuit does not comply with the judgment issued by the court, it is up to the other party to seek relief, that is, obtain the settlement granted by the court.

Enforcement of a civil judgment arises when a money judgment or order for support is not paid. Although most people comply with a judgment issued by a court, some people simply ignore the judgment and do not pay. When a person does not pay, enforcement of the judgment is required.

WHAT IS A "MONEY JUDGMENT"? A money judgment in a civil matter is an order issued by a court that one party to the lawsuit is to pay the other party a sum of money. The amount of the money awarded is referred to as a "money judgment".

A "support order" is an order of a court to pay alimony, child support, family support, separate maintenance, or spousal support. The support order is usually incident to an action for divorce, legal separation or paternity, and is generally paid on a monthly basis. The enforcement of a support order can differ from the enforcement of money judgment, since the support order is continuing in nature. Because a money judgment is generally paid only once, there is no concern about having to enforce future payments. Failure to pay a money judgment is generally not in contempt of a court order. However, failure to pay a support order can result in the judgment debtor found to be in contempt of a court order. Being in contempt of court to pay a support order can result in the imposition of a criminal sentence, and the debtor could be sent to prison.

A judgment creditor is the party in whose favor a money judgment was issued and is entitled to enforcement of the judgment through liens, execution and levy.

Personal Injury Law

People injured in accidents are frequently unaware of the legal rights and remedies which may be available to them. Personal injury law can also involve complex matters concerning insurance coverage. Our firm has over twenty years experience in personal injury law, representing injured persons and preserving their legal rights.

Personal injury cases are normally handled on a contingency fee basis, which means that if there is no recovery, there is no fee for our legal services. Clients may, however, be responsible for any applicable costs associated with their case.

If you have been injured in an accident, please call one of our offices for a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys to discuss your case.
  • Auto
  • Motorcycle
  • Slip & Fall
  • Defective Products
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Construction Site Accidents
  • Nursing Home Neglect
  • Electrical Accidents
  • Accidental Death


Do I Need a Will?
Yes. If you do not have a will, the State has laws that will determine who will receive your property. If you do not want the State to decide who receives your property, you should make a will.

Yes, if you have minor children and want to appoint someone as their guardian. If you die without a will, the Court will not know you preference for a guardian of your minor children.

Yes, if you want to decide who will administer your estate. If you die without a will, anyone (including your creditors) can be appointed as your personal representative.

What is a Living Will?
A Living Will is a document that tells your doctor that you do not want to have certain medical procedures performed under certain circumstances. With a Living Will you can appoint a person who can speak to your doctor if you are unable to speak for yourself. Without a Living Will, a doctor may not know your wishes and may feel compelled to perform unwanted medical procedures.

What is a Durable Power of Attorney?
A Durable Power of Attorney is a document that allows you to designate someone to act for you. It is called "Durable" because is survives incapacity, either physical or mental. Signing a Durable Power of Attorney can eliminate the expense, effort and need for a Guardianship.

What is Probate?
Probate means the acceptance of a will by the Register of Wills. It also means the process of transferring property from one party to another upon death and the tax associated with this transfer of property. We will be happy to review your estate and explain how to keep probate costs down.

Will my family need to pay tax upon my death?
There are many types of taxes, but when someone dies, the taxes that are most important are the estate taxes and inheritance taxes.

Estate taxes are paid to the federal government. Inheritance taxes are paid to the State. Through the proper use of trusts and other estate planning procedures, our law firm may be able to significantly reduce your taxable estate.

When we act as the attorney for an estate, we prepare the state inheritance tax return and the federal state tax return when needed

Home | Areas of Practice | Statement | Attorney Profile | Location Map | Contact Us | Representative Clients | Links | Privacy Policy/Disclaimer